Saturday, April 28, 2012

Crock-Pot Bacon Ranch Pork Chops

I LOVE my crock-pot. It's my absolute favorite kitchen tool. Probably because of how easy it is to prepare amazing meals!!

I made this recipe a few times and it just seems to get better!
Its loosely adapted from here: http://realmomkitchen.com/287/ranch-house-crock-pot-pork-chops-with-parmesan-mashed-potatoes/

[ranch+pork+1+450.jpg]
This picture is not mine


Yes it tastes as good, if not better, than it looks. I wish I had thought to take a picture of my own but I was just sooooo excited to eat it!

What you will need:

For the main dish:
A Crock-pot (at least 5 quarts)
6 pork chops (I have also made this with chicken thighs, also Ah-mazing)
1 can Cream of chicken soup
I packet dry ranch seasoning OR dry packet bacon ranch seasoning
Bacon bits

For the potatoes:
Yukon Gold potatoes
Milk
Salt
Butter

Plug your crock-pot in and turn it to LOW.
Put in your pork chops or chicken, can of soup, dry seasoning, and bacon bits.
NOTE: I put my meat in the pot frozen.
Let sit for about 4 to 5 hours, or until meat is cooked through, and you have a good amount of gravy. Stir occasionally.
NOTE: You can use your crock-pot on HIGH if you would like it to cook faster! About 3 hours.

Boil your potatoes until they can be pierced with a fork easily, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Drain.
Return to pan and mash 'em up! Add milk, salt, and butter to your liking.

Serve potatoes, then place pork chops on top, cover with gravy. ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment