Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tiered Sever/Decorating Piece




So I have this corner of my bathroom counter just COVERED in things I use every day. Partly because I have no bathroom storage, and partly because lets face it, I'm lazy. I use them morning and night and I don't want to have to keep taking them out and putting them away. But its not very "nice looking"

Yea so.... I decided to dress it up a bit.

Materials:
2 or 3 plates of your liking. If your feeling adventurous you could even use a bowl as the top tier!
Candlestick (I only used one because I decided to only have 2 tiers) P.S. got it at Walmart!
Hot glue gun
Beads

I started with the top tier. Flipped the plate over, put a layer of hot glue on the bottom, then put a layer of hot glue on the candlestick. Stick together immediately. MAKE SURE IT IS STRAIGHT!
I glued the base of the candlestick to the base of the top plate, so I would have more room for things on the bottom plate.
Wait a few minutes.
Then repeat the process except this time, layer your glue on your candlestick, and where you want it to go on the plate. The glue will spurt out and look ugly. This is okay, that's what the beads are for!
I glued my beads on in sections going around in a circle. Put your glue down, then place your beads as quick as you accurately can.
Done!
You can play around with it, put more beads places, have fun! This is the first one I have made, but I see more in my future!

 There you have it. A (slightly) more aesthetically pleasing yet still lazy way to store the products I use every day!

You can make this project for serving pieces as well. Mix up the colors, sizes, height. The possibilities are endless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment