Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fun Flower Hair Clips!




I worked as a waitress for a long time and the uniform was black shirt, black pants, black shoes, etc. So I was always looking for fun ways to spruce it up a bit! We were not allowed to wear necklaces or bracelets, so that left my hair! So i went shopping for hair accessories. I found bows, and headbands, and clips. You name it, they make it! But I didn't feel like spending all that money. Instead I made a few "hair flowers" of my own!

Materials:
Silk flowers (I got mine from the dollar store)
Standard hair clips (whichever suits your fancy) and bobby pins
Glue

I took the flowers off of their stems so I had just the budding part.
Then I put the clip underneath to see where I would want it to be attached to the flower.
Then you just glue and hold for about 30 seconds to make sure you have a good bond.
Some flowers wouldn't sit right on the clips so I just stuck a bobby pin through the bottom!

Then you are done! Quick and easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment